Ancient's Playlist

Monday, August 2, 2010

My top 5 anime openings

The other day I was talking with a friend about an anime I liked a lot when I first watched it a couple years ago, and suddenly she said "I love that opening" which reminded me that I once felt like that about some animes along my "otaku life". Thanks to that I decided to post my own selection of the best anime openings I've seen so far and perhaps you won't share my opinion but everyone's got their own tastes right? =p anyway, I'll share my own taste with you all:

RECOMMENDATION: Every one of the following videos has the HD option available, but you have to play them in fullscreen for it to become available(just push on the 360p, button to switch to a higher resolution). Switch to a higher resolution if you wish to be able to read the lyrics (will change to english versions later.

~1st place~
Anime:
Busou Renkin
OP N°:
1
Song's tittle:
Makka no Chikai (By: Yoshiki Fukuyama)
Description:
My favourite opening for quite a while, it's one of the few openings I've liked to listen at every chapter of this series (usually I get fed up with most openings and just skip them xD) or at least on almost all xD. Of course this song's in my musical media and the anime is also one of my favorites but not every good series have good openings, fortunately for me, this one does =). Damn, every time I listen to this opening I feel like watching the series again, but my ps3 is dead (damn you YLoD!) and it's stored on my ps3's HDD so I can't even if I wanted to ;o;.
If you like the opening, I recommend you the series a lot, it's got everything, from action, comedy, drama, romance, sci-fi, etc. It's a must-see ;D.


~2nd place~
Anime:
Bleach
OP N°:
6
Song's title:
Alones (By: Aqua Timez)
Description:
This one's not too far from first plac, Bleach's sicth opening. This opening,  curiously, I found it quite bothering the first time I listened to it, however, the second time felt a little nice and after a few chapters (from the anime obviously), it became my favorite opening (from Bleach), it's awesome to watch Kon singing in black and white, moreover, it was the opening to one of my favorite seasons and the lyrics are simply inspiring, not to mention that in the opening you can see Orihime's attempt to steal a kiss from a sleeping Ichigo ¡OwO! (and by that I mean the hero, not some random strawberry <.<[Note: Ichigo means Strawberry for those you haven't learnt that in japanese yet, lol]).

~3rd place~
Anime:
School Rumble
OP N°: 
1
Song's title:
Scramble (By: Yui Horie with UNSCANDAL)
Description:
An opening to make people dizzy, everything spinning everywhere and in every direction with a catchy theme that even while sounding quite repetitive, manages to entertain to the point that some people will find themselves singing it after a while or at least humming it on the first attempts.

~4th place~
Anime:
Toradora!
OP N°:
2
Song's title:
Silky Heart (By: Yui Horie)
Description:
I couldn't leave out of my list this one. The second opening from my favorite anime, which personally I like more than the first(Pre-parade) even though the first one is a little catchy. The song's lyrics make reference to some people's (tsundere girls actually) tender side and how difficult it is for her to face her own feelings and also how hard it is to become able to express those feelings to that special one, so I liked it better than the first opening  =).

~5th place~
Anime:
Shaman King
OP N°:
2
Song's title:
Northern Lights (ByMegumi Hayashibara)
Descripción:
This one could not be left out from this list either, even if it was only at 5th place. One of the openings that used to wake me up early in the mornings before going to school and that used to wake me up in high spirits (so to speak) so it became one of my favorite from all times. Also, I loved seeing all the shamans with their companion spirits and the song was so cool(or at least it seemed way more awesome back then xD)that it made me feel my blood rush, perfect for the mornings when you feel like doing nothing and just saying asleep(specially since I sleep A LOT xD).


Well, those are my Top 5 until today and now you know them. I hope you liked them even a little  =)

Bonus:

Even if it did not made it to the top 5, I had to add this one up as an honorific mention at least:

Extra:

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann's opeening, Titled"Sorairo Days"(Sky Blue Days) Interpreted by Shoko Nakagawa =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment